Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Of Psalms & Proverbs

I need to be up by 6.30am and its 4.55am, not one of the wisest times to blog but ha! I just have to. Idk why I felt like reading my bible at 3-ish in the AM. Not a usual routine of mine but meh, here are some verses that I just can't keep internally. Find it so relevant to what I feel.


Psalm 6 basically. Verses 2, 4, and 8-10.


Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; O Lord heal me, for my bones are in agony,

Turn, O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love,

Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has head my weeping. The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer. All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden disgrace.


It's so interesting to pick up a book that was written ages ago where David wrote these Psalms to God, feeling so free to express himself. If only we ourselves freely express ourselves to God. I know I haven't been doing that but picking up the bible to read really helps.

After finishing Proverbs i'm finally starting with Psalms! Ashamed that this bible has been with me since 2005 and it's still so unweathered. That and I should have picked this up when I had more time, my holidays are ending and I have a paper to resit :(. MEH.

To all those reading this, go read a bible whenever. Wisdom, knowledge and the true living God are pretty good things to keep in life, especially in times of trouble.

No comments: